In the run up to the SDI Awards 2022 gala dinner and prize-giving on 22 March, we asked our finalists about their experiences, reasons for entering and hopes for the future. Here’s the story from Wipro, who were announced as winners on the night!
Winners – Best Service Transformation Project 2022
What made you decide to enter the awards?
SDI offers a great platform to IT organizations and professionals to be the best in the industry. The annual IT Services awards conducted by SDI is a great opportunity for organizations to showcase their capabilities and get recognized. Wipro is a member of SDI, and we truly value the partnership. SDI awards are one of the most prestigious awards in the IT Services segment, and having been a winner in the 2019 awards, it is an honour to be able to compete again with our peers in the industry.
What part of the awards process did you enjoy the most?
In general, the entire process of the awards. From the initial documentation submission to the judging rounds and the final connects, the entire process is transparent and riveting. To be precise, we really enjoyed the round with the judges and the discussions. The judges were patient and yet curious about the content and provided insights and perspectives about the industry. The active engagement of the judges in the discussions made the participants feel comfortable. While the process is formally coordinated, it was highly informative and engaging for the participants.
In the last 12 months, what has been the most successful initiative your team has implemented to help your business improve its performance?
The creation of a “Digital Hybrid Workspace” for post Pandemic era business transformation.
“Digital Hybrid Workspace” is a TM of Wipro which provides our customers the ability to work freely in a hybrid model without compromising on security. This new model synthesizes Wipro’s concepts of Employee Centricity, Digital Enablement and Person Driven Landscape.
What are your top 3 tips to make a service transformation project successful?
1. Focus on less but critical business outcomes to be achieved by the transformation. A successful service transformation is not about how many transformations are executed but about how many executed transformations have a significant impact on the business outcomes.
2. A successful service transformation drive also needs a strong decision-making core team which is in clear alignment with the visions and goals of the organization. Taking the right decision in the interest of the end vision is crucial during transformation journeys.
3. Drive a strong organizational change management and adoption drive to make a successful impact on service transformation. One of the key root causes of service transformation outcome gaps between planned vs. achieved goals is poor employee adoption or change management.
What one thing do you think really makes you stand out as a service organization?
Wipro’s organizational work ethics and our initiatives to give back to the community make us stand out as a service organization. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most ethical companies to work for since a decade.
How are you preparing to evolve your service over the next few years? Please share your most exciting plan with us!
- Hyper Digital Transformations in the space of End User Services with Person Driven Landscape and XLAs at its core.
- End User Service offerings are more centred around the concept of creating a digitally empowered Integrated Business Service Desk rather than the traditional IT Service Desk.
- Our future service transformation initiatives will be focused on creating next level of business experience beyond service levels and KPIs.
What does it mean to your team to be a finalist in the ‘Best Service Transformation Project’ category?
We feel an immense sense of pride in Wipro as an organization to be a finalist in the ‘Best Service Transformation Project’ category. Wipro is an industry leader in Cloud and Digital Transformation across the globe. Digital Workplace and Service Desk Transformation has been our core service offering in managed services for years, and we take pride in what we have achieved. Being a Winner of SDI Awards 2019 in the same category was not only prestigious for us as a team but also a testament to our visionary thoughts that takes us ahead of our peers.
What advice would you give to anyone entering the awards next year?
SDI is a great platform to demonstrate self and organizational capabilities. Please ensure that you participate and make full use of the opportunity.
Focus more on demonstrating the capabilities and engaging with the judges in Q&A, in addition to relevant and sharp pointed information on presentation slides.
What would you do to celebrate if your team won ‘Best Service Transformation Project 2022’?
It will certainly be a memorable evening for the entire team, as it is a prestigious category to win having also allowed us to demonstrate our capabilities as compared to our peers. We will celebrate by recognizing every talent in the team who worked behind the scenes to make this a memorable campaign for Wipro’s entry to SDI awards 2022, bonding us further in the united achievement.
SDI Awards are sponsored by: