Do you see yourself working with THE Managed Service Provider of the Year*?
Do you have a passion for providing first-class customer service?
Are you an experienced Technical Support Engineer?
Here at Air IT we have an ambitious vision, unique values and exciting story to tell. People are our greatest asset and we only employ the right people, making sure our employees love what they do and always deliver at their best.
As a Field / Support Engineer you will be working in a varied role, both in and out of the office. You will deal with a wide range of IT-related queries from across our client base. You will be responsible for managing onsite technical matters with client IT systems, ensuring SLAs are met. When not providing onsite support, you will be the escalation point for our first line, helping and advising end users by diagnosing and solving technical difficulties over the telephone and via remote support. You will have full responsibility for logging and handling tickets, escalations and follow ups. Additionally, you may be asked to monitor and respond to any system calls for action within agreed timescales and ensure that our client documentation is always up to date and accurate.
Our ideal candidate will be a proven and progressive support engineer/analyst from a Managed Service Provider. Outstanding customer service coupled with clear verbal and written communication skills are key. You must be able to seek relevant information from clients at the right time, and accurately record your findings. As well as having advanced technical capabilities you should be a motivated and natural problem solver, with the ability to multitask on a fast-paced service desk.
Key responsibilities include:
Providing efficient and effective customer service to end users and other stakeholders
- Install IT and communications systems in line with specifications in order to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure
- Acting as a point of contact for complex technical service requests
- Logging and maintaining chronological detail throughout a service ticket lifecycle
- Providing 1st and 2nd line diagnosis and resolution with a high level of first-time fixes
- Responding appropriately to more complex problems through escalation
- Monitoring client IT systems addressing alerts within agreed timescales
- Creating and maintaining client knowledge
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure client SLAs are met
- Working in accordance with company policies, procedures and practices
Interested? You will need:
- Experience in 1st / 2nd line support in a Managed Service environment
- Exemplary customer service and experience within a client-facing support role
- Excellent problem-solving skill and attention to detail
- Experience of administering and supporting the latest Microsoft technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Microsoft Office issues (2003 and onwards)
- The ability to build, configure, administer and support the following systems/applications – MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office Packages, Windows Backup Software and end user Devices
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and Networking Technologies (LAN/WAN)
- Installing and configuring printers
- Evidence of continued professional development, including MS Certifications
- Flexibility to work 40 hours per week on a 7-day rota with shifts falling between 07:30 – 00:00
- A full UK driving license
The team at Air IT have shaped their own work environment; we are a collaborative employer who encourages people to thrive and grow. We provide a pioneering office space with several breakout areas and facilities for your use, including a gym. We offer attractive reward and remuneration packages that go beyond the norm, including funded learning and development, healthcare top-ups, and social and community events.
If you’d like to join us, please apply now!
*CRN award winner 2019